The SGA Campus Infrastructure Committee recently looked into why students cannot access dorms by simply entering their code on the dorms access pads, which every dorm has but seems to be unused in any case. I spoke with the Facilities Department (Buildings and Grounds)about the addition of this feature, as a supplement to ID card access due to possible accidents like simply forgetting one’s card and then having no way to enter dorms except through other people. The Facilities Department indicated that they would not under any present conditions allow code access to dorms for several reasons which include the following: key codes are often shared and would compromise security; ID cards allow the security to check exactly everyone who enters a dorm and thus would promote positive regulation; key code access is generally chaotic for administrative reasons. In short, the Facilities Department rejects this idea. The committee has decided that the issue is not crucial enough for insistence. Does anyone care to press this issue further?
- natalia on UPDATED SGA Full Roster
- Natalia on Results of SGA Elections
- special education on "14 Days" Library Response is Inadequate
- special education on “14 Days” Library Response is Inadequate
- Tweets that mention WANTED: SGA Admin. Staff (Stipends Provided) « Trinity College Student Government Association -- Topsy.com on WANTED: SGA Admin. Staff (Stipends Provided)