Having trouble finding a course or professor that fits your interests? Academic Computing has a solution for you! Now if you sign onto your Trinity Portal, under the middle column entitled “Faculty Data,” you will find the link for searching Faculty interests. At the link you can type up to 5 different keywords and it will match you professors that teach courses or do research similar to those interests. Take that E-Harmony!
If I even needed another reason to love the library, here it is: “14 Days to Have Your Say!” Starting today, Sunday, February 14th until Saturday, February 27th, students will have the opportunity to enter a conversation about what they love, hate, and wish the Library had. The initiative is headed by amazing Music & Media Librarian, Amy Harrell, 4 Librarians, and 2 members from Information Technology. For once, don’t be afraid to use your outside voice in the Library…because the Library is listening! Visit http://14days.trincoll.edu to enter comments. Please remember to add CMPCNTR\ before your username when signing in. If you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can even drop off your comment in the designated boxes in Mather and the Library.
Post Scriptum: If you have not already, follow the Library on Twitter at twitter.com/trinitylibrary to get all the amazing updates that occur at the Library!
If you do not know me that well, I love the people at the Library. It is really surprising that a lot of the great features that we use on a daily basis are developed and maintained by librarians for students. I just wanted to inform you of some cool tech that is in the Library that you probably do not know about.
1. A mobile-friendly version of the library web site is now available at http://library.trincoll.edu/m You can also access it by clicking on the “Mobile-friendly” link at the top of our the library web site. The mobile version of the library’s web site is designed for viewing and navigating on the smaller screens of cell phones and other mobile devices. It includes just a few of the primary functions of the main web site.
2. If you are using a computer to access the Library’s catalog, and can never remember the books you wanted, the Library now has a quick and easy solution. TEXT MESSAGE! If you find the book you want in the Library’s Catalog, you go to the right-hand column under “ACTIONS” and select “Text me the title and call #.” VOILA! You instantly receive a text message with the Title and how to find it in the Library. It is like Christmas Morning for any academic junkie like myself.
- natalia on UPDATED SGA Full Roster
- Natalia on Results of SGA Elections
- special education on "14 Days" Library Response is Inadequate
- special education on “14 Days” Library Response is Inadequate
- Tweets that mention WANTED: SGA Admin. Staff (Stipends Provided) « Trinity College Student Government Association -- Topsy.com on WANTED: SGA Admin. Staff (Stipends Provided)